Friday, September 12, 2008

More Bat-Musings...

I finally got around to watching the 'Batman: Gotham Knight' DVD the other night and outside of some interesting interpretations of the 'Caped Crusader' in the opening chapter...I found myself kind of bored w/ the film overall.

Dunno. It might be that besides being a big fan of 'Akira' and 'Battle of the Planets', i'm not that big of an anime guy. I'd also mention that, outside a nice little Scarecrow/Killer Croc run-in, I found the storyline that wove each chapter together was kind of weak as well...but, that's just me.

That said, going back to my post on the 1966 Batmobile earlier in the week and, crazy enough, FIRST MESS OF POSTS on this blog...if you've never seen 'Batman: The Movie' that sprung out of the TV show, you need to remedy that right quick.

A plot that involves an alliance between the Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman, a dehydrator that can turn humans into dust, a Navy surplus submarine and three pirate henchmen named Bluebeard, Morgan and Quetch...it's probably only a Vincent Price as Egghead away from being the best film ever made. Highly recommend, Netflix it pronto for goofy fun.

No comments: