Thursday, September 11, 2008

One Other Thing...





Every year, it's commonplace today for people to recount where they were, what they were doing and how they reacted on the morning of September 11. While the morning itself was a blur for me, the weeks that followed seem like yesterday when I actually take a step back and think about it.

Without rambling on, I did feel compelled to post the two videos/songs above that always make me think about both the emotional highs (hope, unity, thankfulness) and lows (fear, grief, uncertainty) the following days brought with it.

A lot was made at the time about the parity of a lot of the content of U2's 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' to the events of 9/11. Whether you find it truly legit or truly corny...for me...it was a big part of how I processed things. 'Beautiful Day' provided me hope that, while they'd never be the same, things could (and did) get better...their performance on the 'Tribute to Heroes' telethon of 'Walk On' offered equal amount of both strength and solace.

I'm not really quite sure why this is so much more front of mind today than it has been in year's past. Could be the election, but i'm just running with it whatever it is. Back to some normalcy tomorrow. Peace.

No comments: