Friday, August 22, 2008

WHOA! Check These Out...

I swore off tequila back in College after an incident w/ a screen door, apartment balcony and our TV...but the 1800 Tequila 'Essential Artists' campaign looks cool enough to make me reconsider. They've commissioned 9 artists initially to design collectible limited edition bottles and are allowing others to submit new designs via their website.

Just so happens that a few of my favorites have been tapped as part of the original 9, including:

Jorge Alderete

Glen Barr

Josh Ellington

Chris Dean

Dasa Kim

Like I said, these are LIMITED designs...w/ only 1800 of each bottle being made available at certain high-end liquor stores for around $34. I'm going to do some looking around to see if any show up here. Get drunk on art and go to 1800 Tequila to get a better look at the bottles and the artists who created them!

2 comments:

Keith said...

Those are awesome. I really love them.

Anonymous said...

hi, i have an empty 1800 Dasa Kim bottle going to recycling bin unless someone wants it—don't know how collectible these are but thought I'd ask... pay for shipping and it's yours. contact@blkmrkt.com