Monday, August 04, 2008

Doh! I Almost Forgot...



...while I was on vacation they released the trailer for the film version of 'Watchmen', the legendary graphic novel from Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons. I think they may have actually premiered it at COMICON, but it showed up in the previews prior to 'Dark Knight' the same weekend as well. Looks pretty interesting to me.

As the actual 12-issue comic came out in the mid-80's and was released in novel form in the mid-90's, prior to my recent nosedive back into Comic geekery, i've yet to actually check it out. I'm thinking i'll take care of that before the film comes out on 6-Mar-09, but i'm more than a little worried the film will end up extremely disappointing in comparison. May be better to do this the other way around, but we'll see if I can hold out that long.

No comments: