Thursday, August 21, 2008

More Delicious Coen Goodness...

That's right, achievers...to mark the 10th Anniversary of the cinematic phenomenon that is 'The Big Lebowski', Universal is releasing a special edition of the DVD in both standard and the Über boss bowling ball packaging pictured above on 9-Sep.

Besides all the extras included on past 'Lebowski' DVD releases, the anniversary edition includes pretty much everything except a toe with nail polish. Bonus material includes 'The Dude's Life' featurette, 'The Dude Abides: The Big Lebowski Ten Years Later', production notes, 'The Making of The Big Lebowski', 'The Lebowski Fest: An Achiever's Story' and the Jeff Bridges Photo Book. That's an even tastier offering than a burger from the In-and-Out over on Raford (or maybe it's Camrose).

I can't express how much I love this movie. While I have never attended the original/annual Lebowski Fest in Louisville, it's on my list of eventual road-trips. I totally missed the one they did in Chicago back in March, but i'll be there should one go down again this year...as long as it doesn't fall on Shabbos...I told those fucks down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

No comments: