Friday, August 10, 2007

It's On Like Voltron!


In case you haven't been able to gleen it yet from this blog...I like tennis shoes and the only thing I like more than shoes: Robots. I haven't wore a pair of Reeboks, since I rocked a pair of the hi-tops w/ the two velcro straps at the top as a Sophmore in High School. Announced back in March (thanks Complex magazine!), but available on 1-Oct, Reebok's 'Voltron Collection' could be enough to make a geek like me reconsider.

The brand has developed a pack consisting of five classic Reebok models all representing a different lion from the animated television series. The five standard RBK silhouettes represented are the Court Victory (Black Lion) Pump Omni Lite (Yellow Lion) Ventilator ( Blue Lion) ERS Racer (Green Lion) and the Insta Pump Fury ( Red Lion.) Rumor also has it that each sneaker will be accompanied by the corresponding figure so you could re-build your own freaking Voltron.

Now, I was more a Shogun Warrior kind of guy back in the day (both the toys and the Marvel comic book):


but for those of you who don't remember/know Voltron:


To honor both the kicks and...from days of long ago...from uncharted regions of the universe...a mighty robot...loved by good and feared by evil...i've thrown up the track 'Funky Voltron' by Edan the DJ (featuring Insight) from his incredible 'Beauty and The Beat' album. Step to the right and get a taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm all about the Green Lions. Interestingly the last pair of Reeboks I owned were the high tops with the two velcro straps my Sophmore year. Spooky. Nice track selection.