Friday, August 03, 2007

Hell. Yes.


It hit the wires back in June, that The Cult have reunited once again and will release a new album titled 'Born Into This' on 2-Oct-07. Recorded in London with producer Youth (Verve, Primal Scream) and I think they've moved into post-production. Roadrunner Records had a :30 clip on their website a while back, but now they've come through w/ the full goods...you can check out a full stream of the first single 'Dirty Little Rockstar'!

I fookin love it. Sounds like something off of 'Electric' w/ a modern twist. Their last album was a bit too heavy and plodding for me, but I saw them on that tour and they were still surprsingly awesome. The Cult was one of those few bands/artists my younger brother and I shared big time mutual admiration for (RHCP, Suicidal Tendencies, Butthole Surfers the others). He had one of those awesome giant subway posters of a Sonic Temple-era promo shot of Ian, Billy and Jamie sitting in front of an old car in the middle of the desert...I tried several times, unsuccesfully, to convince him to let me take it w/ me to college. Ahhh, memories.

Speaking of 'Electric', you can enjoy a clip from 'The Manor Sessions' mix of said album that was scrapped for the stripped down Rick Rubin version we know and love today...just press PLAY in the sample box and rawk.

No comments: