Friday, August 31, 2007

Adidas Superstar(wars)

Like I said in my earlier post about the bobbleheads, i'd consider myself a big enough Star Wars fan...but i'm hardly a fan-boy over it. Lucas killed any chance of that rekindled love affair w/ the new flicks. That said, as you all know, I AM huge fanboy when it comes to sneakers.

So, the geek in me can totally appreciate the partnership between Adidas and Lucasfilms to bring you these...




That's right...the Adidas Superstar 1 Force in both the Vader inspired dark side version and a pair for my main man Yoda w/ the light. No official release date yet, but word is they'll be released this year to commemorate the film's 30th anniversary. I'm not much on rocking a pair of all black kicks, but the details on them are pretty sweet...the official SW font on the heel, Vader on one of the tongues, the fresh starburst in-sole...check out more pics HERE (courtesy of Footurama via Gizmodo). I would consider the light versions and you can just call me Skywalker, son.

Somewhere...out there...in a comic book shop not so far, far away...there's a dude in a Stormtrooper helmet who finally has something else to fantasize about besides Carrie Fisher in the copper Leia bikini.

No comments: