Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Coming Attractions

A slew of interesting flicks that will be headed into you local moviehouse...some sooner, some later. Granted, w/ the twins and all...i'll probably only make it to the theatres to see 1-2 of them. Thank God for Netflix. Anyhow, let's all go to the lobby to get ourselves a treat and then, watch these boss trailers:

Halloween (31-Aug-07)
After seeing 'House of 1,000 Corpses' and "The Devil's Rejects', the prospect of a Rob Zombie take on such a horror classic didn't seem so crazy. This trailer looks to prove that gut feeling right and supposedly throws in some additional back story on how Michael became the Bogeyman. Creepy good fun.

The Darjeeling Limited (29-Sep-07)
Oh man, I didn't realize how much i've been jonesing for a new Wes Anderson movie until I peeped this trailer. Some people may find his aesthetic too quirky and that he is starting to get formulaic...I say if ain't broke, don't try and fix it. The art direction, soundtracks, everything...so far, he hasn't done me wrong and I can't wait for this.

I Am Legend (14-Dec-07)
I saw this trailer before the Transformers movie (which was fucking awesome BTW) and it looked okay, considering I can only handle Will Smith in small doses. Then, my buddy Kev clued me in to the actual plot of the flick, as he read the book it's based on...now i'm VERY interested.

1-18-08 AKA Cloverdale (18-Jan-08)
Saw this one before Transformers too and it's taken all the fanboys on the web by the short hairs...with just cause. A teaser trailer in every sense of the term, this yet to be titled J.J. Abrams ('LOST') project only goes by the release date in the trailer and looks like a fun monster flick. A lot of theories about the web on what it's about...including a precious one that it's a film version of the arcade classic RAMPAGE. I'll be in line come January to find out.

Finally, as we're not even out of THIS Summer yet, NEXT Summer looks to make me forget about the awful comic book adaptations offered up in 'Spiderman 3' and 'Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer'. No official trailer for Favreau's 'IRON MAN' (2-May-08) online yet, but I saw the tape of the teaser trailer they showed at this year's ComicCon in San Diego. Looks great! We'll get a proper 'The Incredible Hulk' (13-Jun-08) flick featuring his arch nemesis The Abomination even and then the month after, the day after my birthday)...

The Dark Knight (18-Jul-08)

No comments: