Tuesday, January 20, 2009

These Boots Are Made for Rocking?

'Get On Your Boots'...the first single from U2's new album 'No Line On The Horizon', due out 3-Mar-09. Listen to it HERE. A straight-forward rocker, but w/ tinges of 'Achtung' and 'POP'...nothing revolutionary, but I like it.

'NLOTH' was produced by Brian Eno, Danny Lanois and Steve Lillywhite...word on the street it will have moments that are of a more experimental vibe ala the aforementioned discs. That, makes me very happy. The album cover artwork (which I really dig) above, is an image by Japanese artist and photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto.

Full Tracklisting:
1. No Line On The Horizon
2. Magnificent
3. Moment of Surrender
4. Unknown Caller
5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
6. Get On Your Boots
7. Stand Up Comedy
8. Fez - Being Born
9. White As Snow
10. Breathe
11. Cedars Of Lebanon

I'm cautiously optimistic, but the timing of a new U2 album couldn't be more perfect...in uncertain times, they are always there when I need them.

No comments: