Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More TV Catch-Up / Sci-Fi Geekery!

One slight bright spot in what's shaping up to an otherwise abysmal week...Season 1 of 'Torchwood' is waiting for me to pick it up at the library after work. I'm in line to get the Doctor Who Season 4 set next week, but thought i'd get a jump on this spin-off while I wait.

For those of you non-Who fans, 'Torchwood' is set in Cardiff and follows the Welsh branch of a covert agency called the Torchwood Institute which investigates extraterrestrial incidents on Earth and scavenges alien technology for its own use. To paraphrase Torchwood Three's 'commander-in-chief', time traveller, former con-man and occasional Doctor Who companion, Captain Jack Harkness, the organisation is separate from the government...outside the police...and beyond the United Nations. Cool by me!

The series actually started in the UK on the back in 2006, aired here in the States on BBC America in 2007 and was released on DVD in 2008, but (just like the new Who) I missed the boat but, by the time Season 3 makes it's way over here...I should be up to snuff. Looks to be a little more 'adult' and sexier sci-fi than Doctor Who, so it should be interesting at least. Check out the trailer and see what you think...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rіght now it appeаrs likе Drupal is thе best blοgging ρlatfоrm avaіlаblе
right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

Review my site :: tens unit supplies