Thursday, May 01, 2008

Toys 'R' Me

Ugh (or should I say ugg). Yeah, I know...I have an unhealthy obsession w/ this stuff, but I can't help it. Luckily, while i've posted up about a bunch of it, i've stopped short of actually buying a lot of it. That said, after seeing some of these up close, I think I may be sold on nabbing some of these Mighty Muggs from Hasbro...

Wolverine, Spiderman, Iron Man

Hulk, Captain America, The Thing

Cairo Swordsman, Indiana Jones, Mola Ram

CP30, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca

Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper

I had already seen some of the Star Wars set floating around, but it was the Marvel bunch that tipped the scales. I've omitted a few from both, there is a Venom and several figures from the newer Star Wars flicks I have no desire to own.

However, there is going to be an excellent Dr. Doom and Lando Calrissian coming soon i'll be keeping my eye out for. I probably wouldn't be so keyed up about forthcoming the Indiana Jones set, if it wasn't for the awesome Mola Ram (complete w/ burning heart!).

As their vinyl as well, they look to me a little more durable than the bobbleheads and definitely more arty than your standard action figures. You can order them directly and get the release dates from Hasbro HERE. I've also seen these show up everywhere from Urban Outfitters to Wal-mart to Toys 'R' Us. Perfect use of that tax rebate, eh?

No comments: