Thursday, May 08, 2008

Timepiece Plus Bonus Party Cut

While tooling around the web last night, I also discovered one of those 'DAMN! WISH I WOULDN'T HAVE MISSED THAT!' sort of finds. I don't know that they do it that much anymore, but there was a time when FOSSIL had a slew of kickass collector series of watches based on everything from Star Wars to Sports to Comic Books.

Back in 1994, they did a series of Spiderman watches and the one pictured up top was particularly badass. The face had a rotating disc with a hole in it that revealed various characters as it ticked. It also came with a book of bios on each character revealed and was packaged in a comic shaped box featuring 1960's Spiderman cover art.

One website has one available for $530, so I think i'll stick w/ trying to figure out how to finance one of those swanky Nixons instead. Regardless, I thought it was cool enough to share.

No comments: