Monday, March 09, 2009

Who Watches the Watchmen?

Well, not me...yet. Couldn't get our respective 'doomsday clocks' (AKA schedules) to align, but me and my buddy, Gep, are going to go this Friday. I'm staying away from any reviews, etc. until then.

Really, I just want to get the film out of the way so I can finally sit down w/ the actual book that has been sitting on my shelf forever. I figure there is no way the movie will be better than the comic, so why not try and enjoy the film at face value first. We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't spoil anything for you (we got to check it out on Saturday in a shocking chance to get out of the house-gasp!).

But SHOCKED you being the uber-comic book geek that you seem to be....are you saying you've NEVER read Watchmen before, or you're simply looking forward to revisiting it?

IF never, then you should def read it BEFORE you hit the theater this weekend bro.

EL FAMOUS said...

Crazy huh? I didn't REALLY get back into comics until the past year or so. Once I did, I had already heard that they were making a film and didn't want to spoil it by reading the book.

I know that seems crazy, but I have rarely enjoyed ANY flick AFTER reading the book it's based upon. I've had a copy forever and will read it immediately after seeing the flick.

Anonymous said...

OH I see....so you were "away" from comics when Watchmen first was released then likely, eh?

EL FAMOUS said...

Pretty much. I did read Frank Miller's 'Dark Knight' stuff around the same time, but that was about it.

I've got enough peripheral knowledge about 'Watchmen' via recent comic activity that I won't be lost seeing the flick...so it should be fine.