Thursday, June 19, 2008

I've Got a Golden Ticket...

Okay, maybe it's not so much golden as much as it's kind of a yellowy color w/ a ginchy lithographed sticker of authenticity. Regardless, next Friday I will be admitting defeat to my inner geek and heading to the Chicago stop of the traveling Wizard World convention.

While not quite the massive Comicon held every year in San Diego, it's the probably the biggest pop culture-themed convention in the Midwest encompassing TV, Movies, Comics, Toys, Games, Anime, Manga and Cards...especially comics. Outside of music, it pretty much crams everything I dig under one roof.

I'll be throwing down some cash for show exclusive merch like a special edition Dr. Zoidberg Futurama figure, this sweet tumbler/pint glass...

...and any other swell stuff I haven't seen out here in suburbia from the bazillions of shops/retailers in attendance. I'll also be checking out some of panel discussions from DC, Marvel and Image comics and hobnobbing w/ big-time celebrities like the WWF's Iron Shiek, George 'The Animal' Steele and the Honkey Tonk Man. All right up the road in Rosemont, IL at the Donald E. Stephens Convetion Center.

Mrs. Famous was cool w/ me going as long as I promised not to dress up as anybody. Maybe next year...

...or maybe not. In sort of a celebration of my attendance, next week's posts will be completely devoted to comicbook-related subject matter. I realize that won't seem that different than it has been for the past year or so, but we'll be getting really fanboy to get me primed and ready to go. Stay tuned, true believers!

No comments: