Monday, October 13, 2008

Weeding Out the Weekends...



'America's Favorite Hockey Mom'? I know they've gone as far as booing Santa Claus in Philly, but that is some good stuff.

Looks like my weekend went a little better than hers. Weather was fantastic, so the boys and I hit the park on Saturday morning...yard work, Fat Tire and Mats Re-mastered on the iPod in the afternoon...then the Mrs. and I actually got a babysitting offer to take a night out! Dinner, drinks and then we went and saw 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist'. Cute flick w/ some funny moments...but not quite targeted to old folks like us.

Yesterday, I went to a small comic book/collectible show in Gurnee and picked up a mint hardcover 'Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men Vol. 1 (Issues 1-10)' for 1/2 off, plus some other various Batman TPB's. Then, when I went in to Half Price Books to unload some of our stuff that afternoon, some guy had just sold them a bunch of the 'Complete E.C. Library' collections. So, I snagged...

...the 'MAD (4 Volume Boxed Set)' in color!

It's in great condition and I got it for $50! These are out of print and going for anywhere from $100-200 online, so i'm completely stoked. They had the 'Tales From The Crypt', 'Shock Suspenstories', 'Vault of Horror', 'Weird Science' and 'Weird Fantasy' sets as well, but i'll have to hope they're still there when I go back.

No comments: