Friday, April 04, 2008

I Wore My Sneakers, but I'm Not A Sneak.




Mindset Media, a media company that examines personality traits of different consumers, recently released poll results that claim that people who buy more than three pairs of sneakers a year are 61 percent more likely to have the qualities of a modern leader.

Said qualities were defined as having 'ideas and vision, and a style with others that is both inclusive and decisive.' Most of the time, I can barely figure out what I want for lunch each day...but I think they may be on to something.

On that tip, i'd like to give props to my girl (MON!) in Los Angeles for posting up on her blog about the recent (PRODUCT) RED media show room event HERE. Lots of cool stuff for an even cooler cause, but one new bit of news in particular really caught my eye and helps to substantiate the 'sneaker = leader' equation above.

The fine folks at Converse have been involved in the initiative since the jump-off. I'm actually wearing a pair of (PRODUCT) RED Chucks I designed online a year or so ago as I type this. Cool enough, yeah? Well, it seems now they are rolling out something called the 1HUND(RED) initative, featuring 100 different artists from around the globe designing 100 unique pairs of kicks...all in celebration of the artisitc spirit and to help fight the AIDS crisis in Africa.

You can see a few examples above from Lena Corwin, Camilla Engman and Meghan Berckes and there a few more on their website (link in the STUFF I DIG section to the right). Remember, 10% of the wholesale price will be paid to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria...so lead by example, look good while doing it and GO RED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

classy looking shoes