Monday, November 26, 2007

Holy Nards!



It has come to light, that an outright late 80's HBO classic that my little brother and I would watch EVERY time it came on was finally released on DVD a few months back...in a 20th Anniversary Edition w/ extras nonetheless! 1987's 'Monster Squad' was kind of The Goonies meet Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein meets Dracula meets The Wolfman...you get the point.

The premise of the flick, is that Dracula has just happened to come to a small town to find some sort of amulet giving him the power to rule the world and the whatnot. He enlists Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, The Gill Man (AKA Creature from the Black Lagoon) and The Mummy to help him out. It also happens, that there is a club of movie monster fanatics made up of several young rag-tag losers in same said small town that set out to stop them.

The film is so phenomenally 80's in the look, feel and dialogue...and you can't go wrong w/ all those classic monsters. I'll be netflixing this bad boy soon and it will be an experiment in nostalgia...hope it's at least a quarter of the fun I had with it at age 16. If you are one of those retro 80's nerds and/or sci-fi/horror geeks like me...you probably already have it in your que.

BONUS: My YouTube query for the trailer also unearthed the 1976 TV series of the same name where a pre-Love Boat/US Congress Fred Grandy solves crimes w/ wax figures of Dracula, The Wolf Man and Frankenstein brought to life. Enjoy the show opening HERE.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blog, man. Check out my review blog - if you like I think some link swappage is in order.

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging for that particular model. The prices seeking the velcros are about 200 dollars on every page. But definitively I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm really into shoes and I was looking as far as something that exact brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are around 300 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that exact make. The prices for the velcros were about 200 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this site selling them for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?