Thursday, August 11, 2005

Damn.

43 hours. I made it roughly 43 fucking hours and then I broke down, bought a pack when I stopped for gas on the way to work this morning and lit up in the parking lot. The pisser is, up until this morning, I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing and the urges didn't seem that bad. Honestly, if I would have tried a little harder, I really do think I could have gotten past it again this morning. 'They' say that it takes a lot of people a couple of tries before they can quit and, unfortunately, that seems like it may be the case w/ me.

Ah well, just goes to show i'm going to have to take this pretty seriously if i'm going to actually do this. Am I weak? You betcha. So effing weak that I can't quit? Nah. I'm going to toss this pack into one of the garbage cans outside and hop back on the wagon for another spin around the block...i'll be doing my best parade wave and throwing out pieces of Bazooka (or, better yet, Nicorette) gum to the crowd as I pass by...it'll be fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should stop getting gas thus canceling out the temptation.

EL FAMOUS said...

Right on. I'll get one of those Flintstone cars or something.

Anonymous said...

why not use the patch? they work very well.

Anonymous said...

Yay quitting. It took Kate a couple of weeks to go from sneaking one or two a day to stopping altogether. Good luck, man, I am happy that you are doing this.