Thursday, July 31, 2008

AMBFAD (Comic) Book Club

A lot of cool stuff i've really been looking forward to is finally available to burn a hole in my wallet. Both the trade paperback for 'Madman Atomic Comics Vol. I' and the art/bio book 'Strange and Stranger: The World of Steve Ditko' came out last week...reviews for both forthcoming as soon as my copies come into Beyond Tomorrow Comics (PALATINE REPRESENT!).

That said, i'm really looking forward to receiving...

'DARWYN COOKE: RETROACTIVE 1998-2008'. A humdinger of a 48-page collection of selected art produced over the last ten years, from Darwyn’s time as an animation artist to his current career as a superstar comic book writer/illustrator. The book collects all-new, never-before-published art, rarely-seen material, and some sketchbook pages, with most being finished, full-color illustrations.

While checking out the artist tables at Wizard World Chicago, I happened upon Alberto from Brandstudio Press giving some dude a little sneak peek and man did it look gorgeous. I also overheard him saying that Darwyn wanted to sell it only as a San Diego Comicon exclusive, but (lucky for us who couldn't attend) they have some copies avail via their website HERE. I think it's limited edition, so if you are a fan...better act now. I ordered mine the day it went on the website. Whee!

No comments: