Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Party Out of Bounds (Again)!

I confessed my love for the B-52's in an earlier post expressing my cautious excitement over their first new album in 16 years. Well, looks like 'Funplex' will hit the ground running on 24-March and the title track in both original and remixed form is now available on iTunes.

An absolutely silly ode to the seedier side of mall culture, it's a fun track done up in a trademark B-52's rave-up style. Rock music you can dance to or, as guitarist Keith Strickland puts it...'loud, sexy rock and roll, with the beat pumped up to hot pink'. I have no idea what that means, but I dig it. The remixes by CSS, Peaches and The Scissor Sisters are pretty fun too.

An additional track titled 'Hot Corner' is floating around too, check it out in the sample area and wait for my full album review when I get a chance to twist to the whole thing. RUSTED!

No comments: