Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Man With Two (RED) Shoes...

As anybody who knows me can tell you...I am an absolute sneaker junkie. I really can't remember the last time I wore anything but a pair of tennis shoes to go about my daily routine. Via post-Christmas shopping excursions, I was stoked to find a light grey pair of Adidas Superstars (w/ the shelltoe) and (even though outside of the Onitsuka Tiger kick a few years back I usually rock Adidas exclusively) a pair of coffee colored suede Pumas...both on sale.

That said, even better than those finds, was the gift I received from Mrs. Famous. Originally, she had gone to the Converse website and was one click away from ordering me a pair of low-cut Chuck Taylors she had designed for me herself. Unfortunately, she went to the other room to check on the kids and never completed the order...which I stumbled upon getting on the PC several hours later. Since the surprise was ruined, she ended up just giving me a gift certificate to design my own. Roughly 3 weeks later...

...BOOM BIP! There you go. Nothing too radical in the design, but they came out great. It has some fresh bandanna/skull print for the inner lining and the personalization on the back is embroidered. Ooh. La. La. Throw in that they are hella comfy and that Chucks are just so timeless, i'm a happy camper.

Even better than all of that though, as part of the (Product) RED initiative, 15% of the net retail sales of the kicks will be paid to The Global Fund for AIDS Relief. Those of you may recall from my post a few weeks back, that I recently headed the development work for the two first US phones for Motorola's RED offerings at Sprint and US Cellular. Other particpants like GAP and Apple have some cool offerings too...you should check what it's all about and where you can 'shop RED' to make a difference...IT'S A RED THING. Peace!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

haha. well how do you like that? pretty cool to design your own shoes.